Sunday, January 8, 2012

Party of Four...

Our house has a formal living room, which we use as a family room, and a family room, which we use as a sitting room, because it has a fireplace, and we creatively call it The Fireplace Room.

For some reason, all the furniture we bought we nicely accommodate three people. Since Shawn and I are already two people, that means when we have friends over (more than one) people sit in odd places. Like the arms of chairs, storage ottomans, or our fireplace which is raised with a rock hearth. Extra comfy.


I FINALLY ordered a chair. Just a simple leather-ish arm chair from Overstock. I've never ordered furniture from Overstock, so I hope it's not as cheap looking as it cost. In order to accommodate my new cheap-o chair, I've needed to rearrange a bit. Nothing makes this house feel new again than moving a simple piece of furniture. I feel like I'm unpacking again.

So I've been slightly sliding a larger chair and ottoman around our Fireplace Room to make room for The New Chair so when we have four people over we can crowd around the fireplace and tell ghost stories.

If we have a fifth person over, they'll have to sit in another room until we move to a larger house and I buy a Newer Chair.

Here is the before shot of my Fireplace Room with room for The New Chair. It will go in front of The Death Cabinet, which we recently moved from between the windows to its current location. For three years I have been hoping to replace with a less deadly cabinet with no luck. So The Death Cabinet remains.



No comments:

Post a Comment