Monday, September 26, 2011

Calm Before the Storm

After a marathon weekend, things have quieted down somewhat. I spent all day Saturday coordinating a wedding and it turned out beautifully. I'm so pleased with the outcome. The owner of the farm where the wedding was held is considering hiring me as a contractor to handle events on his property. To say I'm excited is an understatement! I'm in the wait and see mode of this opportunity.
I'm frantically trying to market myself and get more gigs lined up for next year. Since I'm not a marketer, this is totally trial by error. I am coming up empty handed a lot. But I'll keep trying. It's a friggin' blast and I love it.
We are 6 weeks away from welcoming Peanut to the family. I think we have both our girl and boy names determined. We need to let the boy name percolate a bit...see how it fits.
Over the next few weeks, we will focus on getting Caden into his big boy bed overnight and begin pulling out baby stuff. I have lots of clothes to go through and sort.
I am so unbelievably excited to see if Caden will have a brother or sister. I am equally excited about both. I always imagined boys being a hoot to raise (as mine tears through the house with wreckless abandon) and of course the thought of Shawn having a little girl wrapped around his finger melts my heart.
6 quick weeks until that mystery is solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment