Monday, September 12, 2011

Disappointment

I didn't get the job. I am so disappointed. Not to sound to self-promoting, but I honestly cannot imagine the credentials of the person who got the job and how they could have surpassed my own for this position. I have a Masters Degree in Writing and Editing and the position was assisting the Editor in Chief. I have almost 8 combined years of experience in related areas. I was willing to take the low salary, no benefits, and part time hours. And most importantly, I really wanted the work.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE staying home with Caden. And I will love staying home with the new baby and only unless absolutely necessary would we put them in daycare.

But that's not to say I love not being paid; the sacrifices we have made and will continue to make; the lack of office-relationships; the lack of kudos from peers for a job well-done; the raises, bonuses and perks that come with work; applying my hard-earned degree and work experience; using my brain; feeling appreciated...is this list long enough?

The at-home opportunity, flexible hours, field, and industry were all PRECISELY what I was looking for. The added income would have been helpful in so many ways, and I'm truly disappointed. I'm disappointed in myself for having blown it. I'm disappointed that the man hiring for the position did not see potential in me and recognize what a great fit I was for the position.

No comments:

Post a Comment