Friday, September 16, 2011

Sweet Dreams

I had such a wonderful dream last night that I tried to return to it so it would continue.
It was an afterlife dream. I dreamt that Shawn and I were walking around France (where else would I be?) after life and I was showing him things that meant something to me.
When all of a sudden, my sweet Meme stepped out of nowhere and was there and gave me a HUGE hug. She passed away in 2000, so it was a real treat to see her again and feel her hug.
She never met Shawn, so I introduced them.
And unfortunately, this was the point where I woke up and the closeness to my Meme slipped away. Maybe she was just thinking of me and wanted to say hello.
I think of her a lot. Perhaps not for the best reason though. He eldest son passed away when he was only 3 from Leukemia and as Caden approaches that age, I can't help but think of how tragic it would be to lose him...from anything.
As an old lady in the hospital around the age of 95, she asked for Baby. She never stopped loving him and thinking of him. And it gives me comfort to know she has been able to hold him for the past 11 years to make up for all the hugs he was deprived of from a life cut short.
Hope to see you again soon in my dreams, Meme.

No comments:

Post a Comment