Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Daze

This week has been fairly quiet. We've done our volunteer work and Caden went to preschool yesterday, which meant I cleaned the house! I love a clean house. This afternoon we'll head to a friend's house for a swim.


I've been incredibly fortunate to have had a few weeks of steady pet sitting, which is really terrific money. Next week, my friend who owns the business, is going on vacation so I will be doing all of her walks. Somehow, I'm on track to earn my projected $1000/month that we hoped I would earn doing part time work. Can't complain about that!


The weather this week is absolutely stifling. I've decided summer is as bad as winter in VA. It's just too hot to take Caden outside to play. The dogs don't even want to go out. Except for sitting in a pool, it really is best to stay inside.


So we've been reading and playing in the cool basement as much as possible. I keep the AC turned up a bit so as to not over-burden it and have a staggering AC bill. We turn it back down in the evenings when the sun is no longer pounding on the house.


Peanut continues to make his/her presence known. We are struggling like I've never struggled with names. I don't even know which names are on the top of our list, we run through them constantly and then just as quickly dismiss them!


Next week is my glucose test, which should be fine. I'm not that big, my tummy isn't that big, I'm not worried. I've been taking a weekly spin class and swimming on Wed. The rest of the week I chase after Caden. I think I'm doing a fairly good job of staying fit.


Here is parting shot of my bear so kindly asking me to play with him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment