Thursday, July 14, 2011

Buyers Market My Foot...

After reaching an agreement and waiting for nothing more than signatures, the owners of this property decided to "slip in" an AS IS amendment negating several paragraphs in the contract. Namely, the termite, well, and septic inspections.

Excuse me!!?

We had ALL agreed!

So we countered with three options the third of which was to all go our separate ways. That was the one they went with.

What a waste of time. The only good thing is that it all ended before we got this house listed.

It clearly wasn't meant to be, but that doesn't mean I'm not bummed because I had already placed furniture and was beyond excited about the kids' savings.

The inventory for our specific requirements is almost non-existent, so I think our house hunt will take a break until Spring when hopefully there are more homes on the market.

The good news is that I can enjoy these last few months of pregnancy and prepare for Peanut rather than packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment