Monday, July 4, 2011

Dreams

The FB status of my friend reads "Never allow me to awake from the American Dream" and I couldn't agree with this sentiment any more.

I used to give endless thanks for living in an age where my vision could be corrected. Where I can pop in my contacts or put my glasses on and find my way. In earlier days, I surely would not have lived long since I would not see the saber-toothed tiger ready to devour me.

However, for the past 4 years, I have had to adjust my gratitude. If not for our country which allows citizens individual pursuits without the oppression of religion or government, I would not have been blessed not once, but twice, with successful IVF procedures. I would not be dreaming about the Fall and welcoming our sweet little Peanut into our family.

I am beyond grateful for the freedom allowed me to research and pursue these resources to build my family. Nevermind the endless gratefulness to the individuals whose intelligence far surpasses that of anyone I know and have created these miracles.

Added to these monumental strokes of luck are smaller blessings that we have been granted in our own pursuit of happiness. Because of the hardwork of my husband and an office that rewards its employees we have managed to get by on one income. In an era where two incomes are generally required to make ends meet, I cannot be more proud of us for making the required sacrifices in order to get by on one income. It is not easy and we continue to comb through our budget to trim more fat. But we're doing it.

And finally, the freedom to pursue our larger dreams. The dream of owning what we deem our "dream home" (should clarify, more dream property than home). These are not easy days and people continue to struggle. But things are going very well with the negotiations for the house we are looking to buy. I am hoping to hear good news tomorrow and then our offer can be sent to their bank for approval, which hopefully is already aware of the situation.

Perhaps, by the end of September we will be settled on our quiet private lane nestled among the horses and will welcome Peanut home to that home rather than this one.

Dare to dream. All things are possible when you make responsible decisions and put priorities in the right order. When you don't have to force something, it was meant to be.

My heart swells with pride for my country and thanks for my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment