Monday, January 31, 2011

A Perfect Weekend

This past weekend was so quietly blissful, I already miss it and it's just 8am on Monday.

Shawn has been home since Wed due to weather. We had about 7 inches of snow/ice Wed afternoon into Thurs. and our power went out at about 8:30 Wed. night...we missed American Idol and I heard it was a good one! :)

Thurs was our Pioneer Day: where we get by as our ancestors on the Plains did--sorta. The exception being we still had running water and our fireplace doesn't exactly heat the entire house. Shawn had fun hauling wood up to the deck and trying to clear off as much of the driveway as he could.


Neighbor's Car; Our Tree

It was fruitless though, since I wasn't smart enough to park my car in the street and it sat in the driveway until Sat. afternoon when Shawn had to push it out with me at the wheel!

The power came back on Thurs. night; almost 24 hours later, which is just about when my excitement of life with no power expires. I like to shower, I like to be clean, what can I say?

We went out to dinner to let the house warm up. There is a yummy Mandarin Buffet in town that has a modest display of sushi, but I'll take modest over none!

Friday, Shawn didn't really have to stay home, but he chose to since I had no vehicle, which lead us into a glorious weekend doing a whole lot of nothing.

We ran a few errands, I finished one book and started another, Shawn played video games, and when Caden was up, he got massive amounts of play time! It was great!

Wed. was declared Jammie Day

Here it is, Monday morning. We have a jam packed day of activities and I have work to do, and later today we'll be treated to another ice storm. Hope the power stays on!

No comments:

Post a Comment